Thursday, November 12, 2015

Finding Our "Way Back Home" To Music That Really Matters




 Rod Stewart has always been one of my favorites.  His stuff from the 70's  & 80's was the best.  In recent years though, I've kinda drifted away from his music. There are always too many "ooh shiny"  moments to keep me distracted. Those "trendy," "safe," and "well tested" songs will get you through today, but they typically don't stand the test of time to the point where you actually go seek out new stuff from an artist 20 years later.  No?  When did you last look for or find a new A-Ha or Dido record?  But I digress.  This week I discovered Rod Stewart's new album called Another Country.  It is a great album that warmly reminiscent  of some of his earlier work.  It has a very old school Celtic sound with a little reggae thrown in here and there.  One of the songs that really grabbed my attention was Way Back Home.  As ballads go, I'm usually not a fan.  But this one really grabbed me.  Maybe it was father-son relationship aspect in the lyrics, maybe it was the struggle for survival in WWII that got me, or maybe it was the promise of finding the way back home through out the song that got me. Whatever it was, it sure got my attention in a big way.  Since radio has chosen to pretty much chosen to ignore the album and this song in particular, I will share it with you here.  Enjoy!!!





Til Next Time............

No comments: