Monday, September 1, 2008

Not A Happy Camper, October 16, 2006


WELL, I CAME ON THIS AFTERNOON AFTER enjoying a rare day off from work. After the optometrist visit early this morning, I spent the rest of the day with my wife gathering materials for her halloween costume that she'll be wearing at work this year.

Then I made the mistake of coming on 360 and checking my messages. Imagine my suprise when I discovered almost 100 new messages. Now don't get me wrong, I love hearing from my 360 pals and look forward to doing so each day. The problem today was that all of them except for three of four were from total strangers using that worthless "reply all" button.

One in particular that raised my ire came from a man named Tim. It seems that Tim isn't bright enough to know the difference between reply and reply all when responding to his messages. I have brought this up before and I'm doing so again today because quite frankly, it irritates me to no end. And in Tim's case, not only was he stupid about how he sent his reply, but his one line message was a peach too! I wonder if he kisses his wife or girfriend with that mouth?

I reported him to Yahoo via the abuse report and sent him a message to let him know that I had. Here's a copy of the message I sent to Yahoo (if you're interested).

In addition to the obscenity at the beginning of the attached email, I would also like to complain about the stupidity of some 360 users and their inability to tell the difference between reply(to sender) and reply all. Is it possible to remove the reply all button from the 360 email message service? Or maybe place the block button on the email beside the reply all button? It's sad that not everyone on 360 is intellegent enough to know the difference between reply and reply all. Bottom line, people like Tim who aren't smart enough to know how to use email are becoming rather tiresome and my block list isn't long enough to hold them all.

Bottom line: From here on out......total strangers using the reply all button to send messages to me will be reported for abuse and then blocked. If that doesn't work, I'll have to think about blocking sources of the original messages. I hate doing that to friends and potential new friends, but I'm tired of dealing with stupid people like Tim and I'm tired missing legit email because stupid people who don't know how to use email are clogging up my inbox.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest, I should probably stop before I begin hyperventilating LOL........I hope the rest of you have had a great start to the week. We'll talk again soon!

Til Next Time...................


Originally posted 10-16-06 on Yahoo360

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Mark.....I am with you on this, I can not tell you how many of these I get!! You have every right to be upset further more, I hate getting those chain letter things anyway and then to add insult to injury people reply all !! GRRRRRR

Monday October 16, 2006 - 07:49pm (EDT)

Anonymous said...

Stupid people piss me off as well. I get the same crap. Hugs

Monday October 16, 2006 - 06:58pm (CDT)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can see you hyperventilating too.. LOL
Hope your Tuesday is better! Say hi to Kat. :)

Anonymous said...

DID I COME HERE AT BAD TIME?

Monday October 16, 2006 - 11:24pm (CDT)

Anonymous said...

LOL No not at all! Friends are ALWAYS welcome here....even if I am in a foul mood!

Monday October 16, 2006 - 09:34pm (PDT)

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way you do about this subject.. Stupid ppl should not be able to use a comp..

Tuesday October 17, 2006 - 07:02am (EDT)

Anonymous said...

I get messages from creeps every day and sometimes all day long.

I am particularly upset with Yahoo IM because there is one character that has found his way around the ignore function.

I have reported him daily for as long as I can recall, and nothing has been done!

Grrrrr!

Tuesday October 17, 2006 - 07:38am (EDT)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Mark, I share your pain and suffering. There's nothing worse than receiving the same message 50 times. It's ridiculous. Seriously, what the heck is up with adults believing in "chain letters"? (rolls eyes) As for that Tim character...he hasn't reached me yet. :P

Tuesday October 17, 2006 - 08:34am (EDT)

Anonymous said...

lol I get them all the time...I just delete them all and go one...hugssss and smiles to you and the family...hope you have a great halloween

Tuesday October 17, 2006 - 09:32am (CDT)

Anonymous said...

Mark good for you!!!! I hate this too, its gets so fricken old...and even after posting my distaste for this, it continues. I did some housecleaning and got rid of many who were doing this. Guess what? Some of the oldies started doing it, even after commenting on my blogs about understanding how I felt!!! Then I emailed them asking them to stop, and they discounted me by saying, oh well I am getting them back too! I am thinking, you started it! I also have people send me interactive puzzle thingies and it won't delete off my 360 emails....will they ever get a clue? I hope they take that reply button off! Thanks for addressing this!
peace n love
Debby

Sunday October 22, 2006 - 06:05pm (CDT)