Sunday, October 5, 2008

For Once, Dan Rather Gets It! June 12, 2007


In the past, I have been rather vocal about my feelings regarding TV news and corporate/investment banking involvment in radio, tv, and print journalism in general. "Big Money" is as bad an influence on journalism as violent video games are on children. Now, Dan Rather finds himself embroiled in a controversy with his former CBS boss Les Moonves over the direction Moonves has taken the once proud CBS News Division. While I am by no means a fan of Dan Rather or his politics (another subject I have been very vocal about), I find myself in total agreement with him on this topic. The clip below is an excerpt from the Fox News Channel that contains an interview that David Asman conducted with Rather while filling in for Neil Cavuto. One could reasonably question Rather's motive for singling out CBS News since the industry as a whole is guilty of "dumbing down and tarting up" the news. However, no reasonable person could deny that what he is saying is true. Watch the video and see if you agree......I think you just might.

DAN RATHER ON FOX NEWS CHANNEL!

Til Next Time!!!!

Do you agree with Dan Rather when he says that tv news has been "dumbed down and tarted up?" (closed poll) yes 2 no 0 don't know 0
Originally posted 6-12-07 on Yahoo 360

No comments: