Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Migration Is Complete!!!! October 5, 2008


For those of you that have stumbled across this blog wondering...."HUH? What's up with all these old blog posts from a Yahoo site?"...well here's your explanation. Over two years ago, I originally started this on Yahoo 360 on a lark. After a while, it became obvious that I was striking a chord with some, providing a release for others, and even providing an escape with the humor (if only for a moment) for even more. I made a lot of great friends along the way AND I managed to find a way to make a few people laugh and ruffle a few feathers too. No matter what the topic, issue, or response, it was always (for the most part) good times and good friends on Yahoo 360. That is until Yahoo decided to start screwing with its 360 platform. I hung out for a while hoping it would get better but it never did.

So I decided to find another venue. That said though, I didn't just want to walk away from everything I had created on 360.....so I brought it with me. LOL Little did I realize how much of a chore that would be. Since there was no migration mechanism readily available to me, that meant I had to do it manually. Oh what the hell......my wife always says I like doing things the hard way. So off we went.

Now, here we are....after months of working on the migration of this blog from the 360 platform, the task is finally complete.

That's a brief glimpse about what you've been seeing over the last few months. In the week ahead we'll starting posting fresh new material. Between politics, Hollywood, Wall Street, the world in general, my family, my work, and Lord knows what else.....we should have some fun here. A word of forewarning though.......everybody and everything is fair game. Even my favorites aren't above being smacked on the back of the head when they screw up!

To all my 360 friends who have stuck with me, thank you! To my new friends, welcome aboard! You are all welcome to chime in any time you like. I have only one rule.....NO DRAMA. At times, we will all disagree about this, that, or the other thing and that's okay. But rudeness and hostility directed at each other will not tolerated. One of my earliest mentors in the world of broadcasting (a man from Knoxville, Tennessee named Colvin Idol) once told me that "Reasonable people can always reasonably disagree....if they choose to." That is something that has always stuck with me, especially out here on the "left coast." That is a rule we will abide by here as well.

That said............Welcome to all and I look forward to hearing from all of you whenever you feel like popping in.

Till Next Time..........

No comments: