Sunday, August 17, 2008

Not A Talent Of Mine, September 27, 2006


THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS THAT I do and do well. I will be the first to admit though, writing poetry is not one of them. Since I've been on 360, I have read a lot of really cool stuff in the realm of poetry. Two people in particular have been really impressive with their writing.

The first is Jenny. Jenny is a Navy Diver currently stationed somewhere in harms way. Despite the kaos that surrounds her every day, she still find the time and the energy to write some of the most amazingly creative stuff. It is sprinkled amongst her other postings, all of which are well worth reading.

Find it here: http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-pKn08oo_erCx0NR7jX1GVr0ZOA8-?cq=1

The other is a young lady that goes by the online name Emerald Dreams. She's a 21 year old attending the University of Toronto with dreams of becoming a lawyer. If there is any emotion in your soul at all, her writing will definitely get your attention. Go here to read Emerald's stuff. http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog- hAe8XlM0dqP_9z_gvyqw2IWdzXb8PKWJgonqLr3lJ7MQR...

As for me, well, like I said before....I have no talent when it comes to the poetry thing. But I did find this while surfing. After I read it, I realized that in many ways it describes most of my 360 friends. So I thought I'd share it with all of you. Enjoy!

How Many Friends?

The old man turned to me and asked
"How many friends have you?"
Why 10 or 20 friends have I,
And named off just a few...

He rose quite slow with effort
And sadly shook his head
"A lucky child you are
To have so many friends," he said

But think of what you're saying
There is so much you do not know
A friend is just not someone
To whom you say "Hello"

A friends a tender shoulder
On which to softly cry
A well to pour your troubles down
And raise your spirits high

A friend is a hand to pull you up
From darkness and despair...
When all your other "so called" friends
Have helped to put you there

A true friend is an ally
Who can't be moved or bought
A voice to keep your name alive
When others have forgot

But most of all a friend is a heart
A strong and sturdy wall
For from the hearts of friends
There comes the greatest love of all!!!

So think of what I've spoken
For every word is true
And answer once again my child
How many friends have you???

And then he stood and faced me
Awaiting my reply
Softly I answered
"If lucky...... one have "I"

"You!!!!"

Author Unknown

Til Next Time............

Originally posted 9/27/06 on Yahoo 360

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poetry comes in a variety of forms, and not all of them are about a rhyme although that kind is the most recognizable.

I find a type of poetry in the words of someone that does a superb job of expressing their opinions and feelings either orally or written.

When there is a rhythm in the words, but no rhyme, words that include analogy, alliteration or metaphor there is poetry!

You sir, are very poetic based on my criteria!

Thursday September 28, 2006 - 02:34pm (EDT)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, I always enjoy your page and your blogs. Poetry is simply a form of expression and so many express themselves in many ways. Yours is always nice to read. Be safe.

Saturday September 30, 2006 - 07:28am (CDT)