Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Equal Time-NASCAR Style, February 16, 2006

EQUAL TIME

Okay, about a week ago, I posted an entry about the beginning of the new NASCAR season where I made mention of Joe Nemechek and included a photo of the Army sponsored 01 car. Well, being a NAVY veteran, I should have known that some of my Navy pals would be standing by ready to give me unlimited amounts of grief....and they did! Shame on me! LOL

This photo is of the #14 Navy sponsored Dodge driven by David Stremme for Fitz-Bradshaw Racing in the Nascar Busch Series. This photo was taken mid-season last year. Since then David Stremme has moved on to the Nextel Cup Series driving the #40 car for Chip Gnassi Racing. Currently, the #14 car has no sponsor as the Navy has apparently opted for other marketing options, but has left open the possiblity of returning to Nascar at a later date and in a limited role. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

(originally posted 2-16-06 on Yahoo 360)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, that though I am not fond of many sports...NASCAR does have a strange appeal to me, and it is not the car wrecks. It is amazing the percision these drivers have, moving so fast so close together.

Friday February 17, 2006 - 07:48am (PST)

Anonymous said...

Go Dodge. I'm a MOPAR guy and love to see the NAVY name on a Ram. (I guess Bill the Goat, the NAVAl Academy Mascot, could be a Ram?)

Friday February 17, 2006 - 01:34pm (EST)

Anonymous said...

My dad is an old Navy guy as well. I'll have to point out the #14 car.

Friday February 17, 2006 - 06:28pm (EST)

Anonymous said...

MOPAR all the way!!! I was especially pleased to see Navy racing a Dodge. (I'm a MOPAR girl!)

Saturday February 18, 2006 - 11:52pm (EST)

Anonymous said...

hey mark it is lisa the navy wife in bremerton my dh is on the uss stennis here is a link on the Navy racecar
http://www.kitsapsun.com/bsun/local/article/0,2403,BSUN_19088_4474901,00.html
let me know if you can't read it I will send you the article .....

Sunday February 19, 2006 - 07:20am (PST)