Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MidWeek Funnies, July 19, 2006



The Half-Wit

A man owned a small ranch in New Mexico. The New Mexico Wage & Hour Dept claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him. "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent. "Well" replied the rancher, "There's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600 a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $500 per week plus free room and board. Then there's the half-wit who works here about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes $10 per week, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night." "That's the guy I want to talk to - the half-wit," says the agent.

"That would be me," replied the rancher

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COWS

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that our government can track a cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country.......... Maybe we should give them all a cow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEN COMMANDMENTS


The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse........
You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians because it creates a hostile work environment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California -156 years ago!
Do you know what happened back in 1850, in California?
1. California became a state.
2. The State had no electricity.
3. The State had no money.
4. Almost everyone spoke Spanish.
5. There were gun fights in the streets.
So basically, it was just like California today except the women had real breasts and men didn't hold hands!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then there's this.................

Why you should never take your husband shopping with you.

Letter:

Mrs. Chase,
Our store is considering banning your family from ever shopping with us unless your husband stops his antics. Below is a list of offenses over the past few months all verified by our surveillance cameras.

MEMO
Re: Mr. Mark Chase - Complaints - 15 Things Mr. Mark Chase has done while his spouse is shopping:


1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they
weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in House wares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's rest rooms.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, 'Code 3' in
house-wares.... and watched what happened.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and asked to put a bag of M&M's on lay away.

6. September 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. September 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them
in if they'll bring pillows from the bedding department.

8. September 23: When a clerk asks if they can help him, he begins to cry and asks Why can't you
people just leave me alone?'

9. October 4: Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, and picked his nose.

10. November 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, asked the clerk if he knows where
the antidepressants are.

11. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously loudly humming the "Mission Impossible"
theme.

12. December 6: In the auto department, practiced his "Madonna look" using different size funnels.

13. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browse through,
yelled PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"

14. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumes the fetal position
and screams "NO! NO! It's those voices again!!!!"

(And; last, but not least) (which happens to be my favorite!)

15. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door and waited a while; then, yelled, very
loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!"

HAVE A GREAT "HUMP DAY"!!!!!!!!

(originally posted 7-19-06 on Yahoo 360)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLAO- This is just too much Mark- I got tears running down my face. I particularly love the half- wit and the cow part. It is so true though. ah ha ha

Thursday July 20, 2006 - 01:11am (EDT)

Anonymous said...

the cow and the california bart... o-mi-gosh

Wednesday July 19, 2006 - 10:28pm (PDT)

Anonymous said...

You are soooo bad! Very cute twist to the list.

Thursday July 20, 2006 - 08:30am (CDT)

Anonymous said...

Hugs Mark and my deepest sympathies to Mrs Chase. Needed a smile, grin, and chuckle for the day.
Donna

Thursday July 20, 2006 - 08:44am (CDT)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Alfred E. Neuman, the cult hero of the working class of yesterday!

Who can ever top those inimitable words.... "What me Worry?"

Thursday July 20, 2006 - 12:59pm (EDT)

Anonymous said...

If you have seriously done all of those things you can go shopping with me anytime...how much fun it would be to have you around!!1

Thursday July 20, 2006 - 04:40pm (CDT)

Anonymous said...

LOL.. I needed a Laugh. Thanks Mark. Everything is well at the homestead. Hope you have a great weekend.

Thursday July 20, 2006 - 11:15pm (EDT)

Anonymous said...

I have a funny one to tell ya all!

...My brother(the family comedian)...or so he thinks....went to wally world with me one day....we were in the hunting dept. and he walked right up to the kid that was hanging up the boater's safety vest, and pulled one out of the cart that he was reaching into to display them from the back room....my brother held the vest up and said to the young man;

"Can I have my money back on this vest, it doesn't fit me?"

The boy looked at my brother oddly...and said sir, you need to take that up to the front desk where they will have you sign a paper for it, and they will give you your money back."

"What if I don't have a reciept?" My brother asked the kid.

(which of course he would not because he just picked it up from the kid's cart a moment early. which the kid visually saw him do.)

Well, the kid's answer to this question;

"Oh, you don't have to have a reciept here at wal-mart, you can just take it up there and they will give you the full amount sir."

"okay, thank you son you've been a great help." My brother had claimed while I stood in next isle listening and laughing so hard I was ready to piss my self.

My brother then took that vest....and picked up two more out of the boys cart and headed up the isle to "get" his money back!

Well, I watched my brother make it to the front desk where his Nieghbor(who knew my brother was a prankster)...and listened to my brother's plight that the jackets did not fit and he needed the money for them to buy others that did fit....the manager/nieghbor had my brother fill out the form, and then handed my brother $67.00 in cash "back"....of course at this point I did not know this was his nieghbor who would laugh at this as well....So now the joke was turning on me really fast!....and I walked over to my brother and said.

"Jimmy you can't do that!....this jokes gone too far!"

The manager smiling really big now says, "Jim? What are you up to you now?"

....and he told him the jackets came from the boy's cart in sporting goods dept....the boy of course was red as a beat and so was the manager when they realized how he had just picked up the vest and even asked the boy first if he could have the vest to get money back on...the boy said yes!...they asked my brother to be security a week later....he laughed and said nooooo!...ehehe....

He also, loves to walk up to store employees and say...."can I have this item?" and they say yes, and he puts it in his pocket!....they always, look at him like he is the crazy one!!.....lol....


MEN!!!

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG LOL I THINK I WILL HALF TO HAVE A GOOD LAUGH WITH A FEW OF THESE HAVE A GOOD ONE

Sunday July 23, 2006 - 01:11am (EDT)

Anonymous said...

These were choice. I especially loved the one about giving illegals a cow.

Sunday July 23, 2006 - 07:02am (PDT)

Anonymous said...

LMAO..THOSE WERE GOOD..I LOVE YOUR BACKGROUND!

Sunday July 23, 2006 - 01:50pm (PDT)