It has been a busy weekend in the Chase household! After our oldests arrival home for three weeks, a weekend bbq, a house full of people, the the big race from Infineon today...I decided it was time to give the brain a workout. These are not trick questions. They are all straight questions with straight answers. I hope you guys do better than I did. Maybe I should've waited until Monday when my mind would be clearer! LOL
1. Name the one sport where neither the participants nor the spectators now the score or the leader until the contests end? (and no it isn't American Idol LOL)
2. What North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegtables, most have to replanted every year, However, two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. What are those two perennial vegtables?
4. What is the only fruit to carry its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liqour stores, you can buy pear brandy with a real pear inside. The pear is whole and ripe. The bottle is genuine and hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in the standard English language start with dw. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammer. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegtable or fruit that is never sold fronzen, cooked, canned, processed, or sold in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."
2. NIAGRA FALLS.....the rim is worn down about two and half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.
3. ASPARAGUS AND RHUBARB
5. IT GREW INSIDE THE BOTTLE....the bottles are placed over the pear buds where they are very small and the bottle is wired into place on the tree. The bottle is left in place the entire growing season. When the pear is ripe, it is snipped off at the stem.
6. DWARF, DWELL, DWINDLE
7. PERIOD, COMMA, COLON, SEMICOLON, DASH, HYPHEN, APOSTROPHE, QUESTION MARK, EXCLAMATION POINT, QUOTATION MARK, BRACKETS, ELLIPSES, AND PARENTHESIS.
9. SHOES, SOCKS, SANDALS, SNEAKERS, SLIPPERS, SKIS, SKATES, SNOWSHOES, STOCKINGS, AND STILTS.
Have a great rest of the weekend! Talk to you tomorrow!~
(originally posted 6-25-06 on Yahoo 360)