Monday, June 2, 2008

Up On The Soapbox...Again, January 25, 2006


Okay, back when I started this blog, I said my ramblings would run the gammit....from silly to not so nice. It's looking like this is going to be a not so nice day.

Item #1: For all those touchy feely types sitting around wishing they could be a guest on a "FOX NEWS" program and then spend their 15 minutes of fame moaning about how mean the judges (Simon Cowell in particular) on American Idol are....I have only two words.....SHUT UP!!!!! Don't misunderstand me. I'm not a particular fan of A.I. In fact, since the second season, I have generally gone out of my way to avoid the show. But enough already with the political correctness police looking out for everybody's hurt feelings. These people who rate in the negative numbers on the talent scale should know what they're getting into when they take that leap. For Christ's sake, the show has been on for almost half a decade. How can they not know? No pity here. And as for the touchy feelys....don't you have a more worthy crusade to try and shove down our throats? Once again....SHUT UP!!!!

Item #2: Speaking of Fox News, Did anyone catch Neil Cavuto's show today? He had a guest on discussing recent newspaper ads purchased around the country that focused on recent Iranian government comments concerning Israel and the Holocaust. The guest (I can't remember his name) was well spoken and seemed to be very knowledgable on the topic. Under normal circumstances, he would have been an excellent choice to speak on the topic. However, it appeared as though this particular guest suffers from Turrets Syndrome. Throughout the interview viewers heard weird noises that almost sounded like someone laughing in the background. That certainly didn't do much to help the segment credibility. Not to make light of this man's condition, but what was Cavuto's guest bookers thinking? When I realized what was going on, I almost thought I was watching an Ally McBeal rerun. I wonder what Neil's reaction would've been if the man had completely lost it and blurted out something unairable? Or even worse, the man starts barking like a dog on national television. I imagine that somebody on Neil's staff got an earful when that show was over.

Item #3: People who talk too damn much(besides me). This past Christmas, I got a cool toy in the form of an mp3 player. The mp3 player and a hot cup of coffee....the perfect items for that commute every day on mass transit. I've got my music and my talk show podcasts all loaded up ready to listen to each morning. I say good morning to and catch up with all the regulars, then settle into my seat for the commute to work. The last couple of weeks there's been this one guy who just doesn't get it. He wants to talk about anything and everything....his bad feet, his medication he forgot to take, why it's important for the bus tires to be inflated properly and on and on and on endlessly. Hell, he even tried to sell me a plastic buddha one morning. Some people just don't get it, I guess. Again, two words come to mind........SHUT UP!!!!!

Item #4: If I'm this cranky now....what am I gonna be like 25 years from now? NEVERMIND!

Now that I've gotten all that off my chest, I think I'll crawl down off my soapbox and call it a night. Til next time............................

(originally posted 1-25-06 on Yahoo 360)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simon is hysterical - end of story. Brutal honesty at its best. If someone can't take it, it's on them. Just remember - the truth hurts. :P

Thursday January 26, 2006 - 10:57am (EST)

Anonymous said...

lol

Friday January 27, 2006 - 02:22pm (CST)