Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tag...I'm It!, June 29, 2006


Well, yesterday it finally happened. I knew it was just a matter of time until this internet/blogging trend would finally get around to me. I've been tagged. WHAT TOOK YOU PEOPLE SO LONG??? I'm kidding! Really, I'm just kidding.

In reality, I generally go out of my way to try and avoid these sorts of thing and almost ignored this too. But then on second thought.......maybe this would be a good way to get to know some of the recent additions to my friends page if they decide to participate. So, if you're one of those I decide to "tag" and you feel like playing along.....great! If you don't want to participate, that's fine too. You won't be offending anyone, especially me. After all, I almost didn't do it either!

That said, HERE'S HOW IT WORKS..............

I was tagged by Southern Rose

Rules: Once you have been "tagged", you have to write a blog with 8
interesting facts/things/quirks/habits about yourself saying who
tagged you. Then choose 6 people to be tagged and list their
names.

NO TAG BACKS. Send out a message to those you pick to tag.

The people being tagged may be for any of the following reasons- 1)
I want to know you better 2) You're special to me 3) Haven't tagged
you before

OK, here are my 8 things:

1. At the radio station where I work, I am responsible for the one item on the radio that drives everyone nuts......commercials. That's right. I'm the one responsible for the writing and production of those little jewels that drives everyone that listens up the wall.

2. Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR TREK......Sorry Christina LOL But you still have the coolest sci-fi page on My Space! LOL I even have a rather large collection of Star Trek books. Sad I know!

3. I have a wife and two boys that I love more than anything in this world! I might not always say it often enough.....but in my world, everything begins and ends with them! Love you guys!

4. Sports priorities.....1) NFL 2)Nascar 3)college football 4)Major League Baseball

5. 12 year US Navy veteran. AFRTS, Public Affairs. Gulf War....been there done that. Saw Mt Pinatubo erupt and helped with the ensuing evacuation in the Phillipines. Met Steve Perry of Journey while doing a tour in Azores off the coast of Portugal. Loved Japan Singapore, and Hong Kong. I think young people today would definitely a better appreciation for the things they have today and the sacrafices made to preserve those things if they served at least one term.

6. Sometimes I snort when I laugh......don't ask. LOL

7. (Pet Peeve) I'm sick and tired of hearing eco whackjobs blame us conservatives for global warming. I ride the bus back and forth to work, so get out of my face!

8. I absolutely love the beach! Just the whole vibe of being there is something that, once you get it....it never ever goes away.

BONUS: Just to throw a curveball out there so that everyone doesn't think I'm a cranky old man.......MY FAVORITE CHICK FLICKS>>>>>>Practical Magic and City of Angels!

So there you have it.......More than you ever wanted to know about me and probably enough to scare you to death. Now for the next six tagging victims: Kat, Christina, Bekiboo, Lisa, Sassy, and Jerzygirl.

(originally posted 6-29-06 on Yahoo 360)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting mark, very interesting. It's always fun to learn about other people I think. I can't remember did I tell you I worked at a radio station? I was the traffic manager and no computer, hand written logs. I also had to schedule the Pirate Network, and I loved when the games got rained out ---NOT. I got to sit and help one of the girls who did some of the commercial spots. I enjoyed that. There was a time my daughter was so good at creative ideas I tried to get her to go into advertising. So you make the commercials ~ hmmm welll wellll wellll. you need to come up with one for the Cafe and play it on your blog space LOL... let's see I need at least four three minute spots an hour??? how much will that cost me?
My son likes to listen to JOURNEY. He had tickets last year for a Lyneard Skynard concert but that is when he was having all the throat problems and they cancelled and my son didn't go to the fill ins for the show at the fair, and now he wishes he had. At the time he hadn't heard of the groups.

You can still be my friend Mark, since you didn't put golf anywhere are your sport list !!!!!! I hate golf with a passion grrrr can u guess why LOL??
Nice blog and interesting answers had me snorting~uh I mean laughing, yeah laughing ........

Anonymous said...

Very interesting post!! Thanks, have a great 4th and be safe..hugsss {{{{Bonita}}}}

FRIENDSHIP BRACELET Your friendship means a lot to me. It's a priceless gift and yet its free.It's knowing that you are always there. To lend a hand or show you care.It's knowing that around youI don't have to pretend, And that I have someone on whom I can depend. I could not find a friend more true, So this friendship bracelet I send

Saturday July 1, 2006 - 07:21am (CDT)

Anonymous said...

Actually Mark, I'm a huge Star Trek fan, too. :P Just not as big as SW. TNG and DS9 rock! Only two shows I watch on Spike TV. LOL Voyager is good, as well. But the original and Enterprise - yawnnnnn. I have quite a few books from TNG. (Shhh...I snort sometimes, too)

Sunday July 2, 2006 - 10:31am (EDT)