Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tag...I'm It!, June 29, 2006


Well, yesterday it finally happened. I knew it was just a matter of time until this internet/blogging trend would finally get around to me. I've been tagged. WHAT TOOK YOU PEOPLE SO LONG??? I'm kidding! Really, I'm just kidding.

In reality, I generally go out of my way to try and avoid these sorts of thing and almost ignored this too. But then on second thought.......maybe this would be a good way to get to know some of the recent additions to my friends page if they decide to participate. So, if you're one of those I decide to "tag" and you feel like playing along.....great! If you don't want to participate, that's fine too. You won't be offending anyone, especially me. After all, I almost didn't do it either!

That said, HERE'S HOW IT WORKS..............

I was tagged by Southern Rose

Rules: Once you have been "tagged", you have to write a blog with 8
interesting facts/things/quirks/habits about yourself saying who
tagged you. Then choose 6 people to be tagged and list their
names.

NO TAG BACKS. Send out a message to those you pick to tag.

The people being tagged may be for any of the following reasons- 1)
I want to know you better 2) You're special to me 3) Haven't tagged
you before

OK, here are my 8 things:

1. At the radio station where I work, I am responsible for the one item on the radio that drives everyone nuts......commercials. That's right. I'm the one responsible for the writing and production of those little jewels that drives everyone that listens up the wall.

2. Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR TREK......Sorry Christina LOL But you still have the coolest sci-fi page on My Space! LOL I even have a rather large collection of Star Trek books. Sad I know!

3. I have a wife and two boys that I love more than anything in this world! I might not always say it often enough.....but in my world, everything begins and ends with them! Love you guys!

4. Sports priorities.....1) NFL 2)Nascar 3)college football 4)Major League Baseball

5. 12 year US Navy veteran. AFRTS, Public Affairs. Gulf War....been there done that. Saw Mt Pinatubo erupt and helped with the ensuing evacuation in the Phillipines. Met Steve Perry of Journey while doing a tour in Azores off the coast of Portugal. Loved Japan Singapore, and Hong Kong. I think young people today would definitely a better appreciation for the things they have today and the sacrafices made to preserve those things if they served at least one term.

6. Sometimes I snort when I laugh......don't ask. LOL

7. (Pet Peeve) I'm sick and tired of hearing eco whackjobs blame us conservatives for global warming. I ride the bus back and forth to work, so get out of my face!

8. I absolutely love the beach! Just the whole vibe of being there is something that, once you get it....it never ever goes away.

BONUS: Just to throw a curveball out there so that everyone doesn't think I'm a cranky old man.......MY FAVORITE CHICK FLICKS>>>>>>Practical Magic and City of Angels!

So there you have it.......More than you ever wanted to know about me and probably enough to scare you to death. Now for the next six tagging victims: Kat, Christina, Bekiboo, Lisa, Sassy, and Jerzygirl.

(originally posted 6-29-06 on Yahoo 360)
Post a Comment