Sunday, June 8, 2008

Spring Has Sprung, April 30, 2006

SORT OF........After a winter that seemed to last forever and a cold heavy rain that continued to fall as recently as a couple weeks ago, the sun and warm weather has finally arrived. With only a little over a week of temperatures in the 70's today it felt like we fast forwarded straight to summer as we hit 90 degrees. Perfect weather for all the outdoor stuff we love. Camping, boating, cookouts, hiking, biking, and the list goes on. Here, we live close to one of the biggest lakes in Northern California so I'm sure there will be lots of great weekends spent on, in, or near the water. It will be a welcome distraction (if only for a short time) from all the political nonsense we had to endure throughout the winter.
What is your favorite summertime activity? (closed poll)
camping 4
travel 0
water activities 3
biking 0
hiking 0
cookouts/bbq's 9
other outdoor sports 0
gardening 0
(originally posted 4-30-06 on Yahoo 360)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would have to say all of it.

Monday May 1, 2006 - 07:57am (CDT)

Anonymous said...

I love this time of year. Love all the out doors stuff. I am getting ready right now for my girl scouts daycamp and 1 week camp. Its also baseball/softball time. hehehehe I love this time of year cuz hubby grills alot more. Awww.... i do miss the sierra moutains back home in CA I miss camping up in Yosemtie and up at Bass lake.

Monday May 1, 2006 - 06:30am (PDT)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree hopefully lots of exploring here .. It has been cold and rainy here since we arrived so we havent been able to explore the parks around too much ....That is if "THE GAS PRICES" let us .....

Monday May 1, 2006 - 06:58am (PDT)

Anonymous said...

Looks like cookouts and bbqs are in the lead...I'm taking that as an invite to Mark's house for burgers! :)

Monday May 1, 2006 - 05:10pm (PDT

Anonymous said...

We don't have a lot or recreational time, but cookouts sound good. There are a total of about 3 weeks this summer that my wife will be off, the first summer in many years that she will have had to work. I enjoy warm weather, but the summer arrives too early here and takes a lot of pleasure out of the summertime.

Monday May 1, 2006 - 07:34pm (CDT)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy gardening and my first year was a little tough here in Arizona. I was having withdrawls from grass and big trees.. LOL
Water based activities are top priority here.
I noticed my Ficus tree became a nursery for Praying Mantids this spring. I remember seeing the adults last year and only one remained for awhile. I later learned the mating habits spelled certain death for the male. I have two types of mantids but only one bunch has hatched.

Twice since moving here, in the early morning hours, I've heard a wierd sound that I could only relate to a bunch of flying coyote pups.
I say flying because I live in a cul-de-sac, my backyard where my bedroom window is located is surrounded (as is my neighbors) by 7 ft concrete walls with a locked gate so the only way I'd hear something that close is if it flew over.
I'd never heard anything like it. It was like a bunch of baby aliens (the outer space kind!!)
This time, I cruised the internet looking for native Arizona bird and animal sounds.
I finally came across the matching sounds, they were Quail. And apparently, they had been across the major road outside our development which is open desert and flown atop my house. They travel in bunches so that explained the sounds of many..
At least I could dispel the UFO and flying coyote pups myths I had been considering.. lol

Wednesday May 3, 2006 - 12:52am (EDT)

Anonymous said...

Well down here in sunny Florida camping and cooking on the grill is a big hit down here.As long as the hurricanes stay away from here that is....

Friday May 5, 2006 - 11:11am (PDT)