Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update on Previous Posts, February 17, 2006


HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND!!!!

We'll start off tonight by wishing everyone a happy Presidents Day Weekend. For some of us that also translates into a three day weekend. So Enjoy!!!!

I have had a few questions about some of the things I've mentioned in previous posts, so I thought I'd answer a few of those questions tonight.

UPDATE #1: A couple of folks asked about our cats that I wrote about in the entry titled "Broken Glass=My Superiority." The short answer is no, they haven't broken anymore glass. However, I am looking at a new computer monitor tonight as a result of the escapades of one of our two "furry ones." Our previous monitor was the 15" HP monitor that came with the system when we bought it. It was big and bulky in typical HP style. As a result, it put out a fair amount of residual heat. Every winter our oldest cat, "Mandu", is always looking for a nice warm place to curl up. Despite our best efforts, it is next to impossible to keep her off the top of the monitor. We resigned ourselves to cleaning the monitor more often rather than constantly fighting her. Well, that all ended on Wednesday when she decided to barf on the back of the monitor. I'll spare you all the details, but suffice to say, tonight we have a brand new 17 inch digital flatscreen. No more cat on the monitor and a much better picture. Two hundred+ dollars later we can finally laugh about it. I'm just trying to figure out what smelled worse....the fried electronics or the warm cat barf.

UPDATE #2: Some of you having been asking about the email I sent to San Francisco City Supervisor Gerado Sandoval. Well, much as I expected, I never heard a peep! Not even a whimper. Unless confronted directly, people like him usually won't respond. I did a little research on him though and found out that he is a supporter of La Raza. LaRaza is a Latino Civil Rights organization. Among other things, this group supports the return of huge portions of California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas back to Mexico. Maybe this explains Supervisor Sandoval's stance regarding the military. Makes about as much sense as anything else I've heard this week. Either way, I don't expect to hear from him or his office. If I do, I'll post his reply for you guys to see.

and finally UPDATE #3: Yesterday I wrote about the Navy NASCAR effort. After a little more research, I've discovered that TEAM NAVY will be on the track again this season. After the departure of David Stremme from Fitz-Bradshaw Racing, the Navy signed a deal with JRMOTORSPORTS . Yes that "JR" Motorsports as in Dale Earnhardt "JR." The Navy will be sponsoring the #88 Chevy Monte Carlo (see picture above) driven by Busch Series rookie Mark McFarland. McFarland qualified the Navy ride 25th for tomorrows Hershey's Kissables 300. We'll be watching. It should be some fun!!!

(originally posted 2-17-06 on Yahoo 360)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, stop the presses! you mean Arizona ISN'T part of Mexico? Coulda fooled me.. LOL

Saturday February 18, 2006 - 02:05am (EST)

Anonymous said...

I sure hope my Basset Hound doesnt find a home on top of our monitors.

Saturday February 18, 2006 - 09:40pm (EST)

Anonymous said...

Great post about the cats. I want to know where you're finding a 17" monitor for $200 + bucks! Mine was over $400. Sorry about the cat though. Thankfully it wasn't hurt I take it?
RILY

Monday February 20, 2006 - 06:28am (EST)