Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mr Blue Sky, April 06, 2006


MR BLUE SKY! Yesterday morning I woke up at my usual time to a sound that has become all to familiar in recent weeks.......rain! It had been raining for what seemed like 40 days and 40 nights. So this day started off no differently. Then about 9:30, I received a phone call from my son's school informing me that he was in the school nurses office, sick and running a fever. The day just kept getting better! His illness turned out to be not as serious as the nurse had let on, however with the slight fever he had, they couldn't let him stay at school. So it was home we went.

Funny thing happened though on the way home......the rain stopped, the clouds cleared, and the sun came out. I immediately thought of an old song that used to be one of my favorites called "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO. What a cool song and as it turns out, it fit the day perfectly. As soon as I got home with my son, I had to find the CD and pop it in for a listen or two. Ah....but eventually I had to return to work. No matter though, both my son and I felt a lot better once our old friend Mr Blue Sky made a brief return. The weatherman says the rain is supposed to return tomorrow. But that's ok.....we had the sun for a couple of days and we've got the cd player and Mr Blue Sky to keep us company until his next appearance which, hopefully, will be a lot longer than two days!!!

"MR BLUE SKY"--JEFF LYNNE/ELO

Sun is shinin' in the sky,
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin'
Everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day.
Runnin' down the avenue,
See how the sun shines brightly
In the city on the streets
Where once was pity,
Mr. Blue Sky is living here today.
Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,
You had to hide away
For so long where did we go wrong.
Hey there Mr. Blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do,
Everybody smiles at you.
Hey you with the pretty face,
Welcome to the human race
A celebration Mr. Blue Sky's
Up there waitin' and today
Is the day we've waited for
Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,
You had to hide away
For so long where did we go wrong.
Mr. Blue you did it right,
But soon comes Mr. Night,
Creepin' over, now his
Hand is on your shoulder,
Never mind I'll remember you this way.
Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,
You had to hide away For So Long

where did we go wrong

(originally posted 4-6-06 on Yahoo 360)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that we had some rain in order to be grateful for the blue skies!! Blue skies here mean that the high will reach 96 today. Isn't this only April?? WUWT? Hope your son recovers quickly. TTYL. BTW, you know you're getting old when you relate your days to song lyrics. :-)

Friday April 7, 2006 - 08:55am (CDT)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever heard that song before. Then again, I've never been a fan of ELO. :P Am glad to hear your son's illness was nothing major, but I DO know how school nurse's can be. LOL

Friday April 7, 2006 - 06:47pm (EDT)

Anonymous said...

We wish it would rain here in Florida.So we could sing,rain drops keep fallin on our heads lol.But its great that the sun started shining ya way.

Friday April 7, 2006 - 06:36pm (PDT)

Anonymous said...

I love the rain! It's been so cold and crappy here in Michigan. :( Hope your son gets better quick.

Saturday April 8, 2006 - 11:07pm (EDT)