Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Can You Pass the Test?, March 04, 2006

Could you become an American Citizen?

This is a sample of the test those who come to the United States THE PROPER AND LEGAL way are supposed to take. It might take a few minutes if you choose to take the test. To pass you have to get at least 85% correct.....but don't cheat or you might be deported to Uganda.

To take the test click the link and follow the instructions. Immigration Test!

If you couldn't be an American citizen, which of these countries would you most likely call home? (closed poll question)
England 4
Germany 1
France 0
Canada 5
Japan 1
Bahamas 2
Australia 4

(originally posted 3-4-06 on Yahoo 360)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I have a feeling most citizens of our country would bomb that test....

Saturday March 4, 2006 - 11:34pm (EST)

Anonymous said...

That is quite a test..I was going pretty strong for a while, but realized I wasn't getting close enough to the end for my comfort, so I quit. I have to agree with Eric, I think most citizens would not get the required 85%. Sad.

Sunday March 5, 2006 - 12:23am (EST)

Anonymous said...

I've been doing those things for the last year because I'll be doing a real citizenship test in the next couple of years.
I've asked friends and family here some of these questions and they have no clue. Unfortunately they don't seem to teach a lot of this stuff in schools anymore. Ask a dozen people where the Mason Dixon line was/is and you'll get 12 different answers with about 2/3's not knowing what it is until you explain it.
To be honest I find the information all very interesting. The US has a very interesting history and I find it intriguing to follow how things became the way they are now. Maybe it's because I wasn't born here? Quite possible.

Sunday March 5, 2006 - 12:04am (MST)

Anonymous said...

I had to call my 9 yr old over for back up on some questions!! LOL

Sunday March 5, 2006 - 09:58am (EST)

Anonymous said...

I passed my citizenship test 7 years ago..my daughter (she was 9 at the time) helped me study :~)

Sunday March 5, 2006 - 08:29am (HST)

Anonymous said...

Great post. I have a feeling alot of Americans could not pass this test!

Sunday March 5, 2006 - 05:51pm (EST)

Anonymous said...

Sad to say, I only scored an 82%. I definitely should have paid more attention in history class.

Tuesday March 7, 2006 - 03:17pm (EST)