Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Personal Posessions, March 01, 2006

My Favorite Personal Posession (that came from a non-family member)

As we go through life we all collect stuff. Some of it is meaningless junk and we keep it because we're packrats, or because we think it might be worth something someday. Other things we keep because they represent good times that we want to remember or maybe it as simple as....we just plain like it and don't want to get rid of it. My friend above falls into the latter category.

For those of you who might not remember, his name is ALF. He was the star of a huge sitcom back in the 80's. This fellow in the picture was a gift from some dear friends from Pittsburgh in the mid 80's and he's been with me everywhere I've gone ever since. From Portugal, airport terminals in Spain, Italy, and Baharain to Diego Garcia, Japan, the U.A.E, at sea in the Persian Gulf and of course all over the United States.......he's been with me every step of the way. Now he's with me in Northern California and after all these years he still raises eyebrows whenever someone catches a glimpse of him. He's just one of those things in my menagerie that will be around forever and then some.

And that brings me to my question for the night. What is your favorite posession that was given to you by someone other than a family member? I'm sure we'll get some pretty cool answers. I can't wait to read them.

(originally posted 3-1-06 on Yahoo 360)
Post a Comment