Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hell Freezes Over, May 17, 2006


I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THIS DAY.......but it finally arrived. For those of you who have been reading my blog since I started in December, you've probably figured out that I'm a pretty conservative guy. In reality, I'm more common sense than anything else. But if you have to put a label on it, then conservative would be it. There is one group though that I have never agreed with, have never liked, and have absolutely no use for. That group is the extreme left wing, whack job, anti-social, anti-everything environmentalist....or as I like to call them eco-terrorist. If you had told me ten years or even 10 days ago that there would be a topic where I would be in agreement with those left wing freaks, I most likely would have responded with something along the lines of "When Hell Freezes Over." (also by the way, the name of a great Eagles album and concert tour...but I digress) Well, here's the news flash.......HELL JUST FROZE OVER!!!!

Yesterday, while I was eating lunch, I saw a story on the Fox News Channel where one of those left wing, whack job, environmental spokesholes was talking about how illegal immigration was bad for America, the environment, AND for Mexico. Needless to say I almost choked on my roast beef and swiss on wheat. (Kat says I need to eat healthier...so I switched to wheat. lol) He then demanded that the president and congress stop their bickering on the issue and come up with a real solution to the problem and even took a swipe at the Sierra Club for not taking a stand the issue (I always suspected some of those evironmental nut cases had canabalistic tendencies. Now the secret is out).

Now, don't get me wrong. I haven't gone around the bend or anything like that. However, after the shock wore off, I found myself pleasantly suprised at the stand this fellow had taken on illegal immigration. While I don't necessarily agree with the reasoning behind his stand, it became obvious to me yesterday that part (if only a small part) of the environmental community gets it when it comes to illegal immigration. If this guy and his group can manage to comprehend what's at stake and that illegal immigration is bad for America, then why can't the pro illegal people understand. You have highly educated, very powerful people in the Catholic Church, the ACLU, the business community, and sad to say the United States Government that just don't get it. Chances are they will never get it unless we keep putting it out there for discussion and keep telling our elected officials that if they don't do the job we sent them there to do, we'll replace them the first opportunity we get.

If they ever do get it.......just be careful and keep your eyes on the skies. I 've been told that getting hit in the head by "flying pigs" can be painful.

(originally posted 5-17-06 on Yahoo 360)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

~Quoting Willie Wonka in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" '...You're Weird..' LOL! Not sure where this blog was going, but I love the Hell freezing over Sign. And I wont get into a debate over the whole immigration thing. I have my own views and opinions on that topic. So I will just say... I love reading your blogs...thanks bunches for your replies to mine too!!!

Wednesday May 17, 2006 - 11:26pm (EDT)

Anonymous said...

Gee, a case of shock and awe...I'll keep my eyes open for those flying BLT's!

Thursday May 18, 2006 - 08:19am (CDT)

Anonymous said...

OMG the shock, I don't know if I can stand it!! You agreeing with a liberal. But hey I'll take their views on immigration any day of the week. We have to take advantage of it!!

Thursday May 18, 2006 - 12:08pm (PDT)

Anonymous said...

OMG the shock, I don't know if I can stand it!! You agreeing with a liberal. But hey I'll take their views on immigration any day of the week. We have to take advantage of it!!

Thursday May 18, 2006 - 12:08pm (PDT)

Anonymous said...

OMG the shock, I don't know if I can stand it!! You agreeing with a liberal. But hey I'll take their views on immigration any day of the week. We have to take advantage of it!!

Thursday May 18, 2006 - 12:12pm (PDT)

Anonymous said...

sorry, you can erase the other ones!!! LOL

Thursday May 18, 2006 - 12:13pm (PDT)

Anonymous said...

Aww that's ok! I think I'll leave them.....I like the picture of the flag!!! LOL

Thursday May 18, 2006 - 12:42pm (PDT)

Anonymous said...

You know what's funny... I said the same thing to a person I'm connected to on myspace - "Hell just froze over didn't it?" - on this very issue. I had posted a bulletin about immigration laws and at the end it told the readers they were Mexico's laws. Well, oddly enough, this complete opposite of me wrote me back saying, "This is getting ridiculous that no one in our government gets it.". I was SHOCKED, to say the least.

I can understand the enviro's POV in regards to the environmental issue. After all, you've got a mass amount of people trekking across basically untouched lands. But with that said, the environmental side of illegal invading is just ONE notch on a much larger belt.

Friday May 19, 2006 - 12:03pm (EDT)

Anonymous said...

Yep I saw that too... And had the same reaction. There is also the illness issue as well.

Friday May 19, 2006 - 04:35pm (CDT)