Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'M BACK!!!!!, June 11, 2006


I'M BACK AND I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!!!!!

Just kidding.......but it has been a while since I last posted. It's been a very busy week in the Chase Household. It all started last weekend with one of those nasty summer colds that was so bad that I spent most of the weekend laying on the couch watching really bad movies on tv.

By Monday, I was feeling well enough to go to work. I probably should've stayed home. It seemed like anything that could go wrong....did. It got a little bit better though as the day went on, so it wasn't a complete washout.

This week also saw the official end of the school year for our 13 year old. So now, we're busy finding activities for him so that we don't have to constantly listen to "I'M BORED!" If you're a parent, I don't have to tell you what kind of torture that can be! LOL This past week, I also had to deal with a couple of friendships that seem to have taken turns down paths that I refuse to be a part of any longer. That whole episode was really disappointing too because one of those people I had been friends with for almost 10 years. They made their choices though, and from where I'm sitting.....it's their problem....not mine!

We also had an election this week in various parts of the country. There were some surprising results, especially here in California. There was also several stories in the news that both excited and disappointed me.

So yes, it was a very busy week. I'll be writing about a lot of it in the week ahead. For those of you who stopped by while I was away from the computer....thanks! For those new members who joined this past week, Welcome Aboard! I look forward to getting to know each of you in the days and weeks ahead!

Til next time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious photo! Remind me to give you plenty of 'spittle distance' when you're on a rant! Looking forward to hearing about your week.

Sunday June 11, 2006 - 11:05pm (CDT)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. hehehe that picture there is how I felt these past few weeks. AWWWW..... the"Mom and dad Im bored" syndrome of the summer.

Monday June 12, 2006 - 09:17am (PDT)

Anonymous said...

Still new, but I have missed your blogs. I'm sorry to hear about your ex-friends but I have been there. You'll find others to fill the vaccuum. I'm looking forward to reading more
Donna

Monday June 12, 2006 - 02:20pm (CDT)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark! Don't remind me about the "I'm bored" thing. It's already started and mine's not even out of school yet(this Friday). LOL

Sorry to hear about the "dispute" with your friend. That always sucks to be at odds with a long time buddy. But I tell ya, some people just take different roads in life and it's time for others to move on...

Tuesday June 13, 2006 - 01:44pm (EDT)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friendship. It happened to me, but we were able to mend things after a few years. Got some room in your life for an old friend who's missed you? I'm glad ALF has been there for you though!
Michelle

Thursday June 15, 2006 - 08:47am (EDT)