Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What Would You Do?, February 25, 2006

Last Friday afternoon, a group of eight co-workers at a food processing plant in Nebraska bought a couple of quick pick tickets from the Nebraska Lottery at a local convenience store. Little did they know when each of them ponied up their spare pocket change to buy the tickets that their live were about to change forever. By the end of the weekend, they were all millionaires. They hit the ultimate "Jackpot" when their quickpick ticket matched all the numbers in the record 365 million dollar Powerball drawing. After choosing the "cash" option and paying all the connected taxes, each of the eight people walked away with 15 and 1/2 million dollars. Not a bad way to end the work week eh?

This weekend the "MegaMillions" jackpot in California is up to 212 million dollars. MegaMillions is the west coast, multi state version of the Powerball and the jackpot regularly goes over the 100 million dollar mark. So, what did I do? One week after those eight lucky co-workers in Nebraska bought the tickets that would change their lives forever, I went and bought a couple of quick picks in the hopes ending my work week just like those eight Con-Agra workers in Nebraska did.

All this lottery fever got me to thinking too. What would I do if I won the 212 million dollar jackpot? What could I do? What would I not do? It's impossible to say for sure. I don't think anyone could say exactly what they'd do or how they'd react until they're actually in that situation. One thing is for sure though, the possibilities are limitless and that is the most exciting part of all.

Will I be the "big winner" this weekend? Probably not.....but it never hurts to dream right?

(originally posted 2-25-06 on Yahoo 360)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were to win that much money, I would clear my credit record of all bad debts, help my mother pay off her house and have it remodeled , buy her a new van and help my daughter and her family get a house an new van as well for them and my 5 grandchildren. I would help my son if he needed to get a place of his own. For myself , I would travel the Southeastern United States for as long as I wanted and have money in the bank to take care of everything else I needed. Susan

Saturday February 25, 2006 - 01:17pm (PST)

Anonymous said...

I would also help my brother and sister-in-law for all they do for me in helping me manage my responsibilities. Susan

Saturday February 25, 2006 - 01:20pm (PST)

Anonymous said...

WOW - I would donate 15% to my church - pay off my debts - set money aside for my sons and their future children - build me a new dream home - help others in need.

Saturday February 25, 2006 - 05:54pm (CST)

Anonymous said...

hmmm...that is tough to say....i LOVE my job, so i dont think that i would want to get out of this business...i think that i might try to find a station to buy somewhere....i would halp my family (like pay off their cars or houses or something)...give a bunch to charity...or start one...and who knows what else...finally get my hair done, lol

Cinna

Sunday February 26, 2006 - 03:47am (EST)

Anonymous said...

I love pondering the "what if" senerio of winning the millions. Personally, I would take the lump sum and live off the interest for the rest of my life. Work? Not this, girl. I would make a heavy investment in my dad's car lot, pay off my siblings mortgages and put away money for all my neices and nephews educations. The rest would be used to further my personal dreams of owning a Tiki bar on the coast somewhere with blue water!

Sunday February 26, 2006 - 01:05pm (CST)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the add!! It's so funny you brought this up! Check this out if you have a sec. I look forward to your site updates.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-GnQSv04ifLL1Q8JM7hLkRw--?p=241

Sunday February 26, 2006 - 11:32am (PST)

Anonymous said...

To win is in the heart, to dream is in the mind, to make actions is a different story...

Sunday February 26, 2006 - 07:44pm (PST)

Anonymous said...

We don't have a lottery in Alabama. Were any of them 40ish single white males perchance? :-)

Monday February 27, 2006 - 09:03am (CST)

Anonymous said...

If you win, one of the things that would be fun is to invite and pay for a 10 of your favorite friends from Yahoo 360 to hotel at Disney World for a long weekend. Do a meet and greet to get to know everyone a little better. Ok, after me, that leaves 9. Who you gonna pick? ;)

Monday February 27, 2006 - 03:42pm (EST)

Anonymous said...

I'd take'em all. If I won 212 million, I don't think I'd have a problem affording it. LOL

Monday February 27, 2006 - 12:51pm (PST)

Anonymous said...

If I won that much cash; I would rid myself of debt, Get my father a new collison shop, sell my house and move far far away. Oh and take care of my 360 friends.. LOL

Tuesday February 28, 2006 - 02:17am (EST)